The Curtiss T-32 Condor is a biplane airliner that entered the service the same time the Boeing 247 and Douglas DC-2 did. It has an excellent design but is easily outmoded by the new all-metal monoplanes even if it has modern features such as electrically-operated and retractable undercarriage.
The T-32 Condor was designed originally by the Curtiss Buffalo plant as the XT-32. It was a fifteen passenger commercial transport. Later the T-32s development and construction was transferred to the Robertson, St. Louis, Missouri plant. Its maiden flight was on the 23rd of March 1933 when it was delivered to Eastern Air Transport. The next deliveries took place on the 17th of April 1933 while all T-32s, also called Condor II models, were built at the Curtiss-Wright St. Louis plant.
The T-32 can accommodate fifteen passengers and three flight crew in such a comfort and cruising speed of 150mph. It is also the aircraft that made the first serious attempt at sound proofing.